OpenEmulator, which is not to be confused with Open Emu, is a component/framework-based emulator of legacy computer systems. It currently supports only the Apple I computer and its peripherals, although Apple II emulation is also planned.
- Component framework approach to the design allows virtual devices to be added to an emulation even while running.
- User interface designed specifically for ease of use in Mac OS X.
- GPU accelerated video rendering.
- Host hardware abstraction fully decouples the emulation from its environment.
- Supports emulation of the Apple I computer and its peripherals, with Apple II emulation also planned.