Welcome, Guest
MAME on Modern Macs Blog
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: MAME on Modern Macs Blog

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 11 months ago #4213

The problem is that regardless of whether I use Erockus (which is snappier and much easier to use) or QMC2, whenever I change the controls, they never get saved. They revert the moment I switch machines or exit the app.

I probably should have mentioned this but I'm using SDLMAME 0.173 with SDL2 installed under 10.11.3.
Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by Squishy Tia.

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 11 months ago #4214

Just curious here - what happens if you start Erockus via sudo? Does it save your controls? Do any helpful messages get thrown out in the Terminal window?

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 11 months ago #4217

Haven't tried with sudo. I shouldn't need to run it via Terminal since my account has sudo privs since I modified my sudoers file to allow it, but I'll give it a go.

Edit: I got it to save the config baseline by not using a front end (front end made mame64 ignore its own settings...), but it still ignores the Input (General) for every machine and insists on using bilinear filtering which makes everything blurry as hell. Argh.

Edit 2: I think I have it mostly working. Still can't get Contra to play without the blurring like I can games like Mat Mania, but it's a start. Save states working, though I should probably adjust those on a per-game basis to avoid mishaps.

I noticed an odd bug though. If you go into any of sdlmame's built in submenus or a machine and then exit to start a new machine, typing a name to search ends up with double, triple, quadruple, or more letters depending on the number of times you have entered said submenu or a machine. For example, if I enter a submenu once and go back out to the main UI window, if I try to type "contra", I'll get "ccoonnttrraa" instead.

Can't seem to get Neo Geo games working though, despite having neogeo.zip in the proper place. SDLmame just won't even recognize that they're even there, despite recognizing most other games. Same with Super Street Fighter 2. ./mame64 -verifyroms miexchng.zip works and shows valid romset, but the machine never starts, instead telling me it's missing files. This will require some digging.

On the bright side, I'm learning new things as I go. Sure it isn't the easy "MAME OS X" of old, but it's an adventure!
Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by Squishy Tia.

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 11 months ago #4219

Neo Geo (console) games require a proper hash file to run and the file should be put in the hash folder.

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 10 months ago #4225

I got Neo Geo games working now. Only issue is that I have to do it via the Terminal with stuff like:

./mame64 miexchng

I can't launch the executable by itself or it says the ROM has missing files (even though the command line launch works perfectly). I can't get it working via either QMC2 or Erockus despite having the proper directories set in the paths preferences. Only via Terminal.

I can deal with that, it's just super annoying. But it beats nothing at all.

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 9 months ago #4242

Erockus Arcade has been updated(v2.9), might help with Neo Geo Games.

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 9 months ago #4244

Neo Geo cheats still don't work. Other than that, great.

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 9 months ago #4245

Neo Geo (arcade) cheats work for me.

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 9 months ago #4246

Other cheats work, just not Neo Geo...is there something special you gotta do?

Re: MAME on Modern Macs Blog 7 years, 9 months ago #4248

Not that I know of. Might want to make sure your cheat file is up to date. Its been updated recently - http://cheat.retrogames.com/download/cheat0174.zip

Time to create page: 0.16 seconds