Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 5 months ago #1866

It's good that you figured it out! You can pick up PS3 controllers pretty cheap on eBay or other places, and they work a charm in PCSX-Reloaded.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1897

Well, I'm betting there isn't really a solution for this problem, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so here goes!

After a bit of Google detective work, I downloaded the Windows program PSX Emulation Cheater program in the hopes that I could get Gameshark codes working with PCSX-R on my Mac. I placed the plugin "pec.ini" into the PCSX-R plugins folder, and I got the windows program to run using Crossover mac. I set my codes and clicked the "Send Cheats to Plugin" button, only to be greeted with a window that reads "Now, start your emulator, select the [pec] Plugin as the emulators GPU/Video-Plugin and start the emulation."

My problem starts here: From the "Plugins" tab of the PCSX-R preferences window, I can see no way to activate the [pec] plugin. Is there any way to reconcile this issue?

And, if not, any other way to get Gameshark codes working with PCSX-R?

Sorry if anything I typed here didn't make sense.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1902

An .ini file is an Initilization file, or put simply, a settings file. It would not be the actual plugin itself. Take note of the plugin names. They all end in psxplugin. No matter what you do with the .ini file you have, it will never load in PCSX, as it is just a sort of preference file.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1912

Ah, fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up, it was worth a shot at least. Now my wishlist for future additions to PCSX-R is 2 items long:

1. Support for Gameshark
2. Controller plugin that lets me do turbo-fire on a keyboard.

Alas, alas.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1977

I recently got PCSX because I decided I wanted to play FFVII again but didn't want to find my actual discs or set up the PS1. I love the game but I am really not interested in listening to all the music, in fact I would love to mute the game and have my own music playing. Is this possible?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1978

Well, you can simply choose the Null SPU plugin which will silence the game. However, you will probably be receiving death threats from hardcore FFVII fans for the blasphemy you are about to commit

Edit: By the way... how do you plan to play the game if you don't have the actual discs?
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by pizuz.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1979

I've got Bin files that I boot on the emulator. I've played the game before and the music is great but when I am grinding you can understand that hearing the same thing repeatedly gets annoying, I would rather listen to my own music.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1980

Felicity Case-Mejia wrote:
I've got Bin files that I boot on the emulator. I've played the game before and the music is great but when I am grinding you can understand that hearing the same thing repeatedly gets annoying, I would rather listen to my own music.

Be aware that there are some games that require music to be on, or else it will glitch/crash. In the case of those games, you're SoL.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1990

Question for Speedofmac:

Would it be possible to add an option to the SoftGL plugin to disable bilinear filtering (and use nearest_neighbor instead)?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1991

You could probably use Jack to reroute the sound. www.jackosx.com/

Also the paid apps:
Audio Hijack Pro-www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/
Hear-www.joesoft.com/products/hear.php
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by menace690.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1992

davenslav wrote:
Question for Speedofmac:

Would it be possible to add an option to the SoftGL plugin to disable bilinear filtering (and use nearest_neighbor instead)?

That's a fine question! I'm not actively involved in PCSXR's development; I do some testing and troubleshooting when something seems a bit off. PCSXR could certainly use a more comprehensive video plugin for OS X. I recommend starting a discussion on the PCSXR CodePlex page to see if the devs know of any workarounds for you or whether anyone's able to get started on nearest_neighbor.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1993

Felicity Case-Mejia wrote:

The latest builds of PCSXR ship with a Null sound plugin, which will let you play roms without having sound. You couldn't switch sound on and off mid-game, but this would be good for disabling sound when you know you'll be grinding.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1994

Note: As I noticed on the Forums... if you DON'T want to use the Null Sound plugin, you need to be in 32 bit compat mode.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1995

menace690 wrote:
Note: As I noticed on the Forums... if you DON'T want to use the Null Sound plugin, you need to be in 32 bit compat mode.

Thanks for pointing that out!
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by ConsoleEmu. Reason: Got my threads crossed.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 3 months ago #1996

Shouldn't that question go in the corresponding thread?

I compiled the sources shortly after they announced 1.99.4, but to be honest barely anything has changed from the previous builds I uploaded. I didn't plan on doing so again for a while. You need it for something?
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by HDL.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2038

HELP!!!

Right i'm driven demented here tryin to get this to work. I downloaded the latest PCSX-R but when i run a bin of FF7 the graphics are messed up and there is no sound. Checked the plugins only to find i could not change from null sound and cant try a different graphics one either. So then i got a version of PCSX 1.5 off of some guy on youtube with the mooby plugin. That works fine except i have to run the bin a hundred times before it works without crashing. The bin runs fine in PCSX-R other than the unplayable graphics. I tried copying the plugins from PCSX into PCSX-R but to no avail. Any help?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2039

This is from the speed of mac blog:

If you don’t have any sound

Get info on the PCSX-Reloaded.app bundle (select the app and press Command + I or right-/long-click and select “Get Info”)
Check “Open in 32-bit mode”
Open the preferences window
Go to the plugins tab
Select Mac OS X Sound v1.1.0 [PeopsSPU.psxplugin] from the Sound drop-down menu
You’re set!

speedofmac.com/blog/

That should fix you right up.

-Tanner

Robert Thomas wrote:
HELP!!!

Right i'm driven demented here tryin to get this to work. I downloaded the latest PCSX-R but when i run a bin of FF7 the graphics are messed up and there is no sound. Checked the plugins only to find i could not change from null sound and cant try a different graphics one either. So then i got a version of PCSX 1.5 off of some guy on youtube with the mooby plugin. That works fine except i have to run the bin a hundred times before it works without crashing. The bin runs fine in PCSX-R other than the unplayable graphics. I tried copying the plugins from PCSX into PCSX-R but to no avail. Any help?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2049

Fantastic!!! Thanks a bunch.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2061

Greetings everyone! I Have a Macbook Pro OSX, and downloaded the pcsx emulator. Everytime i try to load an .iso image of any kind, it gives me the same "cannot check cd rom" error. It is really frustrating and i'm about to go crazy! I havethe bios 1001 in the correct folder and everything. The black screen doesn't even stay up for more than a second. Please Help!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2062

Are you choosing File->Run CD or File->Run ISO? Also, is the 'Dynarec CPU core' checked? If it is, uncheck it and see if that does anything.

Time to create page: 0.35 seconds